Join our Board of Directors
The University of Toledo Federal Credit Union is currently looking to fill two, three-year positions on our Board of Directors.
Board decisions influence the savings and credit opportunities available to members. As a volunteer serving on the board, you are responsible for the course your credit union takes. Realistically, the directors share management duties with the individuals hired to oversee daily operations. But in the eyes of the law, the board holds ultimate responsibility for guiding your credit union.
General Duties of a board member:
1. The board of directors is responsible for the general direction and control of a federal credit union. The board may delegate operational functions to management, but not the responsibility for the credit union’s direction.
2. A director must carry out his or her duties in good faith, in a manner reasonably believed to be in the best interests of the membership, and with such care, including reasonable inquiry, as an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would use under similar circumstances.
3. A director must administer the affairs of the credit union fairly and impartially and without discrimination in favor of or against any particular member.
4. A director must have at least a working familiarity with basic finance and accounting practices, including the ability to read and understand the credit union’s balance sheet and income statement and the ability to ask, as appropriate, substantive questions of management and auditors.
5. A director must direct the operations of the federal credit union in conformity with the Federal Credit Union Act, NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, other applicable laws, and sound business practices.
6. A director may rely on information prepared or presented by employees or consultants the director reasonably believes to be reliable and competent and who merit confidence in the particular functions performed.
Please send in a resume and biographical statement to the Hill Avenue office (5248 Hill Avenue, Toledo, OH 43615) or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biographical statement should include an introduction and qualifications.
This statement will be included in the next newsletter as we ask our membership to vote on the nominees.
All nominees must be UT Federal Credit Union members in good standing. All resumes and bios are due by Friday, March 8, 2019.